SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Job Purpose is to work in partnership with leaders, key stakeholders and HR colleagues to shape, develop and deliver HR plans and solutions in line with the needs and priorities of Blackstone Consulting, Inc. and its Clients. Operating as the departmental Human
Resources expert, to advise, guide and support staff, managers and executives by providing high level people management and development support across designated leadership groups.
Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Experience and Essential Functions of Position:
- Providing expert HR advice and guidance to staff, managers and executives (stake holders) on HR matters;
- Supporting stake holders in dealing with complex casework, performance, attendance, employee and labor relations issues;
- Providing advice and guidance to executives, managers and staff on employment matters;
- Influencing management and the leadership around the people agenda to maximize service delivery performance;
- Identifying HR priorities from corporate and departmental plans;
- Translating business requirements into effective HR policies, practices and delivery of people solutions aligned to business objectives;
- Delivering key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum, including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, talent management, compensation planning, wages and bonuses, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management; and,
- Ensuring key stakeholders (staff, managers and executives) are informed / consulted on relevant changes such as organizational (Departments or Business Sites) restructures, benefits and retirements, etc.;
- Implementing services, projects or activity that supports the delivery of HR and departmental strategies and objectives;
- Working with third party providers to ensure that services meet business needs and are delivered to agreed standards and timescales.
- Analyzing and reporting HR information to support with benchmarking and the development of HR strategies and solutions;
- Ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are satisfied through the provision of management information and HRIS;
- Maintaining a clear understanding and providing up to date knowledge of the legal framework within which HR operates;
- Developing HR policies in line with current legislation and keeping abreast of modern HR procedures and best practices;
- Supporting the development and implementation of BCI’s wage payments and bonuses strategy etc. through support with negotiations, annual performance review and bonus allocation processes;
- Ensuring the smooth running of working parties to facilitate the delivery of HR policies, projects and initiatives;
- Directing and supporting the HR Business Partners and/or the HR Support Staff in their duties to support the delivery of the HR strategy/tactics, including overseeing and assuring that all payroll processes are aligned with appropriate pay rules, wage and
hour laws and that all staff are paid on time and correctly;
- Managing individuals or teams through line management and/or matrix management arrangements as required, ensuring under performance is managed and adequate resourcing is planned to raise all standards and meet objectives;
- Monitoring and supporting HR related business continuity issues;
- Any and all other duties as may be assigned.
- Strong track record of developing and implementing policy, experienced in implementing HR strategy.
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of stakeholders including employees, managers, unions, external partners and Clients.
- Experience of managing and improving employee and labor relations in a unionized environment.
- Experience of managing conflict and sensitive issues and achieving positive outcomes.
- Experience of developing and managing change projects and programs.
- Experience of delivering strategic priorities within strict timelines.
- Experience of developing workforce plans that reflect organizational/departmental needs.
- Ability to analyze complex information and recommended solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and information to a range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Skilled analytical thinker with ability to critically assess requirements and select ‘best fit’ approach to meeting.
- Ability to apply judgment, creativity and flexibility to generate new and innovative ideas and approaches to solve complex issues.
- Ability to effectively manage people and resources, and / or project teams, to achieve complex or high priority objectives, and develop others personally and professionally.
- Able to challenge and influence others, including more senior colleagues and stakeholders, to ensure that the right outcomes are achieved.
- Ability to identify, analyze and take action to effectively manage risk to meet strategic objectives.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.