Please send resumes to Amanda@blackstone-consulting.com
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Member of the Senior Management Team of Blackstone Consulting Inc. will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). This position is responsible for all matters and issues in the sites/locations that are assigned under their responsibility. They should identify overall strengths and weaknesses in their sites/locations and categorize priorities to the COO. The overall goal of this position is to 1) ensure contractual obligations are met, 2) assure the profitability of the site/location and 3) guarantee customer/client satisfaction. In addition to the responsibility for these functions, they are also charged to contribute to the development and execution of BCI’s near and longer-term strategies for continued growth in size, reputation, and profitability.
· Develop working annual and weekly budgets in conjunction with input from local management and corporate direction
· Evaluate weekly data from locations, assure budgetary target are attained, recommending actions to be taken to improve performance where necessary
· Participate in the monthly financial reviews of project performance presenting the outcome, solutions and action plans for resolving subpar performance
· Implement, maintain and support Corporate programs that are required to be implemented, i.e., financial reporting, monthly inventories, safety and sanitation training and other required programs
· Manage an oversee the work of any District Manager or Resident District Manager assigned locations with responsibility to the VP
· Set goals & objectives for DM’s RDM’s and Project Managers in both annual evaluation criteria for overall performance, and bonus criteria for achievement of financial expectations
· Oversee the development of plans for the mobilization of new locations
· Implement the action plan for successful mobilization of new locations
Participate in the bidding for new business by 1) recommending “no/no go” on identified potential new business, 2) being part of site visits, 3) being the CRH (Client Relationship Holder) and 4) Pink and Black Hat reviews with the Director of Business Development
· Developing and maintaining quarterly and monthly location visitation schedules for review by the COO
· Developing a plan with the Director of Business Development and COO for client retention one year prior to end of existing contract
· Participate in the establishment of Strategic Plans for the long term Development
· Share “best practice” with the other VP’s and Corporate team members for the implementation of new procedures and for raising the standards of sites/locations
· Performs other duties as assigned
WORKING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5+ years of related experience managing Multiple sites or locations in the service arena.
· Strong interpersonal skills in communication, managing people and working in a multicultural environment.
· Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation
· Good reasoning abilities, Sound judgment, Resourcefulness
· Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
· Strong Service Industry skills and the ability to schedule tasks work with complex mathematical computations.
· Computer skills with particular emphasis on software applications such as, Word, Excel, Desk Top Publisher, Visio, Power Point, etc.
Blackstone Consulting, Inc is seeking a Director of Operations, of EVS to join their team in Los Angeles, Ca ( Brentwood). Travel will include at least 2 trips per month and visits to the UK at least every 6 months.
The EVS Director is responsible for the management of the Environment Services Department in a Medical Office/Hospital environment. Develops and implements efficient/productive cleaning methods, supervises environmental services personnel and manages administration of training programs, customer relations as well as budget administration. Ensure compliance with company policy and all requirements as specified by the contract.
· Must get along well with others and deal effectively with client and partner organizations.
· Participates in the preparation of departmental operating budget, manages resources and monitors performance to ensure adherence to financial targets.
· Responds to all requests from customers and follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
· Responsible for planning, directing, delegating and implementing established department procedures and programs that meet goals and ensure a clean and safe environment.
· Initiates new ideas to expand the department and company.
· Ensure that the department is meeting its fiscal responsibilities and operates within established budgetary guidelines.
· Develops/coaches management team to ensure fullest potential is reached.
· Recruits and develops personnel, ensure work assignments and schedules meet department and facility needs to maintain quality standards.
· Coordinates with Quality Assurance Manager to ensure department Training Programs are being conducted within appropriate timeframes.
· Oversees all department related contracts with outside vendors.
· Ensure that client’s needs are met at all times.
· Knows all procedures, union agreements, or employee personnel manuals and meets all regulatory agency requirements.
· Maintains a safe work environment for all internal and external customers.
· Responds to emergencies at both night time and on weekends as required.
· Handles varying workloads and meet changing deadlines as necessary.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required)
· Must have thorough working knowledge of the proper procedures for cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods.
· Bachelor degree in business management, healthcare management, hospitality management, or the equivalent.
· Minimum of 7 years experience in managing EVS operations, including relevant experience of managing medical office locations and hospitals with a major medical institution.
· Understands OSHA requirements, Labor requirements (union and Wage Determination), and employment law as it relates to managing the workforce.
· Understand and follow employee handbook, policy and procedures, and payroll requirements.
· Manage the workforce in a fair and consistent manner.
· Good reading and writing skills; excellent interpersonal and communicative skills.
· HRIS experience – preferably ADP.
· Possess strong knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with accomplishing objectives without supervision.
· Bilingual candidates (English/Spanish) strongly encouraged to apply.
· Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to use equipment; see and read printed material with or without vision aids; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; to bend, to stoop, to walk and to reach overhead.