The available position is located in the San Francisco and Bay area.
AT&T - San Francisco/E.Bay/S.Bay
Supervises guarding operations at multiple sites.
Performs inspections and ensures that post orders are being followed.
Coaches and trains personnel.
Carries out administrative procedures as required by Branch.
Responds to incidents and may provide service coverage as needed.
Primary job function is supervision of Security Officers.
1. Supervises Security Officers and/or other personnel, as assigned; ensures that personnel deliver high quality service; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
2. Meets with Branch management and/or client representatives for status updates and to address any actual or potential problems; provides support during client start-ups; provides input to security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews post orders and
communicates requirements and changes to affected personnel.
3. Participates in and coordinates with Branch management the orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; ensures that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect.
4. Assigns and directs work; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary; supports staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities; refers problematic issues to Branch management.
5. Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
6. Communicates and coordinates with Branch management regarding scheduling, staffing, equipment, record keeping, and related matters, to ensure smooth delivery of services; meets with Branch management and other Field Supervisors to discuss customer service,
initiatives, personnel matters, and related issues.
7. Inspects client site as assigned to ensure adequate coverage and compliance with post orders; visits client representatives to ensure they remain satisfied with services provided; covers vacant posts as necessary.
8. Reviews client and company required reports for accuracy and timeliness; assists in preparing and submitting payroll and billing information.
9. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of related experience, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
May be required to hold and continue to meet the requirements for any applicable state, county and municipal license for Security Officers.
Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
Ability to be an effective team member.
Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
Courteous telephone manner.
Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post procedures.
Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
Good organizational skills.
Strong customer service and results orientation.
Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public,
occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
Directing and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Security Management: 2 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CA Guard Card - Required
- CA Dr. License - Required
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status