BCI is looking for an Emergency Department Security Specialist (ED Specialist) to work at the Baldwin Hills/Crenshaw facility for Kaiser Permanente. Acting as an ambassador for Kaiser Permanente and BCI, this position provides a safe and secure campus
for members, visitors and staff. The position requires a proactive individual willing to be part of a dynamic security team.
Founded in 1991 by company president Joe Blackstone, Blackstone Consulting, Inc. (BCI) is an international service provider supporting nearly 6,000 employees.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Patrol the assigned areas of the Emergency Department
- Check for security and safety concerns and take proactive measures to correct
- Enforce regulations on members, visitors and staff
- Provide a visible deterrence to deter unwanted activity
- Provide customer service for the Emergency Department and campus
- Document activities as they occur in the form of logs or reports
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Current CA Guard Card (or ability to obtain one within 30 days)
- Healthcare Security experience preferred
- Prior Security, Military or Police experience desired
- Interpersonal communications and Customer Service skills
- Ability to write and compose incident reports and daily logs utilizing correct English grammar and composition, in a legible manner
- Ability to pass the Advanced Healthcare Security Officer Protection-Confrontation Management Course (3 days)
Must be in good physical condition, as position will require:
All employment is conditional upon successful passing a background and drug screening.
- Walking/Standing for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- Lifting to 50 lbs
- Push/Pull up to 50 lbs
- Carrying up to 50 lbs
EEO/AA/M/F/V/D employer, Veterans encouraged to apply
PPO-12867 CALBSIS License
Reviewed and updated 1.1.2012 (ss)
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.