BASIC FUNCTION: The purpose of this position is to supervise Lead Custodians and Custodians in providing optimal maintenance service in assigned area.
DIMENSIONS: This position will supervise Environmental Services Techs and Custodians.
NATURE AND SCOPE: Internal contacts include executives, administrators, students, faculty and staff of the University. External contacts include contractors, city public service workers, vendors, parents and the general public
- Surveys all assigned areas on a daily basis to ensure the highest level of Environmental Services maintenance
- Inspects each employee’s work to assure high quality and production rate
- Supervises special assignments and requests as stipulated by the Manager and/or other authorized administrators
- Instructs Environmental Services Techs or other personnel to perform duties necessary to maintain assigned area in a clean, pleasant sanitary condition
- Checks with Environmental Services Techs on all maintenance problems to communicate clearly what steps are needed to be taken to address and solve problems or issues
- Takes care of all Environmental Services problems that are not within the operating scope of the EVS Tech
- Addresses and completes written requests and provides Supervisor with a response concerning actions taken
- Responsible for the accuracy for the timesheets of assigned personnel
- Assures that work request sheets are turned in to office at the end of each shift
- Evaluates and counsels employees about job performance
- Performs other related job duties as assigned
- Good knowledge of the principals, practices and methods of cleaning and maintenance in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, equipment and products
- Skill in providing leadership, training subordinates and directing performance
- Skill in operation of a variety of cleaning tools and equipment
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Ability to give directions and instructions in a concise and understandable manner
- Ability to observe work of others and to make constructive suggestions for improvement
- Ability to read reports and correspondence and to complete forms and reports
- Ability to lift and carry weights of approximately seventy-five pounds
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with staff, faculty, students and the general public
REQUIREMENTS:High School or GED and three years of responsible work experience as a EVS Tech or Housekeeper, with one year of experience as a Lead Custodian or EVS Supervisor, or the equivalent combination of three years combined relevant training
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.