Blackstone Consulting, Inc is seeking a Human Resource Generalist for their Hospital/ Medical Office location.
- A bachelor's degree and three (3) years working Human Resources experience.
- 1 year management experience.
- 2 Years of Employee Relation experience
- 2 years of Recruiting for EVS roles
- Previous experience with Hospital EVS Industries.
- Previous experience working with Collective Bargaining Agreements and union environment is required.
- HRIS experience – preferably ADP.
- PHR certification a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish greatly preferred.
Directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, recruitment, and employee relations. Works closely with BCI Corporate HR team. This is a very hands-on position, which requires specific
attention on day-to-day issues and the ability to act locally and think globally.
Specific Responsibilities :
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversee the recruiting and selection process, to include on-boarding of new employees, as required.
- Maintain Open Position Log and Recruiting Metric Dashboard
- Responsible for maintaining the company database with open positions, candidate status updates, and all recruiting functions; postings, candidate pipeline, Job Fairs
- Coordinate with Corporate HR to respond to grievances and represent the company at grievance meetings.
- Conduct HR and management development training sessions to site managers.
- Coordinate with Corporate HR to respond to all unemployment claims and represent company at hearings.
- Coordinate and be able to conduct internal investigations and respond to of state and federal employment discrimination claims by writing position statements.
- Answer requests for information on HR policy interpretation.
- Conduct periodic audits of human resource activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and with state and federal laws.
- Coordinate with Corporate HR to ensure compliance with all EEO record keeping requirements.
- Attend meetings, conferences and seminars to stay updated with new state and federal law.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Understands OSHA requirements, Labor requirements (union), and employment law as it relates to managing the workforce.
- Understand and follow company handbook, policies and procedures, and payroll requirements.
- Must have a high level of integrity, and must be able to maintain confidential matters.
- Walk, stand and sit as required.
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machines, etc.
- The incumbent will operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine and computer printer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.