Pay Rate: $20.00/hr
Founded in 1991 by company president Joe Blackstone, Blackstone Consulting, Inc. (BCI) is an international service provider supporting nearly 6,000 employees.
Immediate opening for a dedicated individual with a strong work ethic and general understanding of the familiarity with the duties of a Security Supervisor.
Typically an individual with 4 to 10 years healthcare security or other relevant experience or a combination of relevant law enforcement or military experience, including 2 to 4 years direct supervisory experience. The Security Supervisor will supervise
shifts; act as a relief to the Security Account Manager during off-hours or for limited absences and conduct roving patrol and incident response supervision in complex facilities.
Must have valid California Guard Card
- Directly supervise Officers at assigned locations.
- Assists in the training of Security Officers and review of post orders.
- In conjunction with company management or designated company representatives acts to ensure adequate security coverage of all posts.
- Respond quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations including defusing a variety of physical situations in the Emergency Department.
- Periodic tours to secure areas.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Emergency Department, waiting room and its operations.
- Check for irregularities of suspicious activities and persons.
- Be in charge of preserving order.
- May enforce regulations pertaining to personnel and visitors.
- Protecting staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the work place.
- Control access to client facility through the admittance process.
- Troubleshoot cameras, device replacements and configurations.
- Understand and respond to the intrusion detection system.
- Maintains and displays good public relations skills when interacting with visitors and staff.
- Monitors entrances and exits.
- Provides information regarding the facility and surrounding areas as requested by visitors.
- Prevents unapproved or unlawful entry.
- Prepare logs or reports as required for post, requiring detailed narrative reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
All employment is conditional upon successfully passing a background and drug screening.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Security Supervisor in a challenging environment; for example, in an emergency department.
- Experience in dealing with the public in a service setting, prior healthcare security, or military or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Reliable means of communication.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Previous Advanced Healthcare Security Officer Confrontation Management skills and training desired.
EEO/AA/M/F/V/D employer, Veterans encouraged to apply
PPO-12867 CALBSIS License
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.