Pay Rate: $17.00/hr
We are looking for hard-working, dedicated Emergency Department Security Specialists (ED Specialist) who want to work for a company that values their work and dedication. The ideal candidate will have flexibility in their schedule to work various shifts and
locations as needed and previous experience in healthcare security.
Implement and oversee the security operation in the Emergency Department, which is a high risk, fast pace environment. The ED Specialist will be in constant movement and work in conjunction with security officers and Emergency Dept. staff. Assist with the
functions of physical and personal security and safety measures of members, patients, staff, and visitors. Protects staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the workplace. Makes
frequent tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Respond quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations including defusing a variety of physical situations in the Emergency Department.
- Periodic walking tours to interior and exterior secure areas.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Emergency Department, waiting room and its operations.
- Check for irregularities of suspicious activities and persons.
- Be in charge of preserving order.
- May enforce regulations pertaining to personnel and visitors.
- Protecting staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the work place.
- Control access to client facility through the admittance process.
- Maintains and displays good public relations skills when interacting with visitors and staff.
- Monitors entrances and exits.
- Provides information regarding the facility and surrounding areas as requested by visitors.
- Prevents unapproved or unlawful entry.
- Prepare logs or reports as required for post, requiring detailed narrative reports.
- Observes and reports incidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
EEO/AA/M/F/V/D employer, Veterans encouraged to apply
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Security Officer in a challenging environment; for example, in an emergency department.
- Prefer experience in dealing with the public in a service setting; prior healthcare security; military or law enforcement experience desired.
- Minimum one year of customer service experience.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Reliable means of communication.
- Must have valid Security Guard Card or able to obtain Security Guard Card as soon as possible.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
PPO-12867 CALBSIS License
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.