Security Supervisor - Healthcare
POSITION: Healthcare Supervisor
SITE: San Marcos, CA
1st, 2nd, 3rd, & knock shift open
To safeguard the health and safety of our employees, families, customers, visitors and community at large, COVID 19 vaccination will be a requirement for employment, and we will consider accommodations for medical and religious-based reasons. You will need to follow the safety protocol as communicated by work location.
Blackstone Consulting, Inc. (BCI) is a minority-owned, 6,000 employee, global service provider overseeing account services in food, environmental, facility maintenance, professional staffing, and security. Within our healthcare security division, we help healthcare organizations achieve superior programs and results. This includes our investment in you and your ability to deliver best practices to our client while receiving exceptional training to advance your healthcare career with BCI. Together, we are building a best-in-class healthcare security operation and are looking for top talent to join us in this effort. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCI seeks a dedicated and passionate Healthcare Security Officer to serve as an integral part of the security and care delivery team for a leading healthcare provider.
Minimum Qualifications at Entry:
- Be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED
- Have a reliable and functional means of communication (i.e., cell phone)
- The legal right to work in the United States
- Possess a valid government-issued driver’s license
- Active state-issued guard card
Company benefits include – see all the details at www.bci-toolkit.com/benefits
- Medical Insurance - The Kaiser HMO plan has a $0 annual deductible & an out-of-pocket max of $1,500/$3,000 (CA Kaiser Medical Plan) with a co-pay of $10 Primary Doctor and $10 for Specialist per visit.
- Vision Insurance - Vision care plan option through Guardian for employees and eligible dependents.
- Dental Insurance - PPO dental plan option through Guardian for employees and eligible dependents.
- Retirement & 401(k) - Retirement benefits are available for purchase through Empower. Employees are eligible to enroll in a 401(k) savings plan if they have been an employee for at least 6 months and are 18+ years old.
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance - BCI offers Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage for employees to purchase through Guardian.
- Employee Assistance Program - Through Guardian’s WorkLifeMatters program. 100% paid by BCI.
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance - Employees have the opportunity to purchase voluntary life and AD&D insurance coverage for themselves and eligible dependents through Guardian.
- Supplemental Insurance - Employees have the opportunity to purchase Accident and/or Critical Illness supplemental insurance through Guardian.
- Additional Benefits - Pet insurance can be purchased through Nationwide. Employees are eligible to enroll in several disability, supplemental, and life plans offered by Aflac and TransAmerica.
- Annual Raises - wage increase every January
- Paid Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Training & Career Development
Employee Resources Group - Women in Healthcare Security Network provides scholarship, mentorship, and other great programs for women and
Typically an individual with 4 to 10 years healthcare security or other relevant experience or a combination of relevant law enforcement or military experience, including 2 to 4 years direct supervisory experience. The Security Supervisor will supervise shifts; act as a relief to the Security Account Manager during off-hours or for limited absences and conduct roving patrol and incident response supervision in complex facilities.
Must have valid California Guard Card
- Directly supervise Officers at assigned locations.
- Assists in the training of Security Officers and review of post orders.
- In conjunction with company management or designated company representatives acts to ensure adequate security coverage of all posts.
- Respond quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations including defusing a variety of physical situations in the Emergency Department.
- Periodic tours to secure areas.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Emergency Department, waiting room and its operations.
- Check for irregularities of suspicious activities and persons.
- Be in charge of preserving order.
- May enforce regulations pertaining to personnel and visitors.
- Protecting staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the work place.
- Control access to client facility through the admittance process.
- Troubleshoot cameras, device replacements and configurations.
- Understand and respond to the intrusion detection system.
- Maintains and displays good public relations skills when interacting with visitors and staff.
- Monitors entrances and exits.
- Provides information regarding the facility and surrounding areas as requested by visitors.
- Prevents unapproved or unlawful entry.
- Prepare logs or reports as required for post, requiring detailed narrative reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Security Supervisor in a challenging environment; for example, in an emergency department.
- Experience in dealing with the public in a service setting, prior healthcare security, or military or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Reliable means of communication.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Previous Advanced Healthcare Security Officer Confrontation Management skills and training desired.
All employment is conditional upon successfully passing a background and drug screening. Core Competencies:
- Security Basics: Ability to learn, retain and perform basic healthcare security functions;
- Risk Management: Ability to identify, educate, manage, and report security risks impacting service delivery;
- Communication: Ability to listen, share, modify information and effectively communicate amongst different stakeholder groups and in varying departments;
- Service Delivery: Ability to consistently demonstrate professional behavior that is responsive to the needs of the client;
- Leadership: Ability to motivate, inspire, and influence others.
PPO-12867 CALBSIS License