- Ability to perform a variety of tasks associated with the preparation and serving of foods and beverages.
- Provide cleaning services within a Food Service environment.
- Knowledge of sanitation standards.
- Must follow set procedures in accomplishing repetitive assignments and follow established sequence of work.
- Must have solid work ethics.
- Must be able to pass a backgroung check
Demonstrated history of related Food Service preferably with a major institution or the military is desired.
The principal responsibility of the Food Service Worker is to ensure the proper cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen and dining facility in accordance with the contract requirements.
Additional duties may include serving customers for correct portions and menu items.
- Dining Hall
- Clean all table tops, and ensure that all counters and window sills are free from dust.
- Ensure that all dining facility floors are swept, and mopped on a daily basis. Bi-weekly floor waxing is also required.
- Ensure that all napkin dispensers, salt and pepper shakers, and condiments dispensers are full before and after each meal.
- Wash, peel, scrape, and cut vegetables and fruits.
- Prepare simple salads; cut, slice, plate and garnish cakes and pies.
- Prepares coffee, tea, and other beverages.
- Serves customers with correct portions and menu item mixes.
- Remove all dishes from the collection station and wash according contract requirements. Wash all pots and pans and utensils in accordance to the contract requirements.
- Ensure that all kitchen floors are swept, and mopped on a daily basis. Bi-weekly floor waxing is also required.
- Clean other kitchen equipment on a daily basis, or as needed.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Work in a standing position in the dining facility and kitchen area for 6 to 7 hours (excluding break and lunch periods)
- Some bending and stooping
Adhere to the BCI policies, rules and regulations as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Duties may be assigned by the Supervisor, Project Manager, or other designated personnel.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.