Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Naval Hospital
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to manage, plan, and oversee the operations of BCI Naval Hospital Pensacola Food Services. The principal responsibilities of the Project Manager is to ensure overall operations and employees are in compliance in
ensuring that the company provides Quality, Cleanliness, and Superior Food Services that meets or exceeds the contract requirements:
- Oversee, manage accountability of Food Service Operations at the facility. Produce reports and required results.
- Ensure administration of QC Program and be the point of contact regarding contract administration and performance.
- Must be available to meet with Government personnel within 30 minutes of notification, be available during operations hours to include emergency basis when after-hours is needed. Ensure management coverage is available when needed.
- Work with management team to develop successful operations, compliance monitoring, and excellent guest services.
- Physically inspects all dining facilities on a scheduled basis, in coordination with QCM inspection schedules.
- Ensure proactive compliance, timely correct deficiencies.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the customer contract supervisor, Installation Food Advisor, and dining facility managers.
- Verbally and in writing, respond to client request for information and meetings in a timely manner.
- Maintain budget controls for inventory, supplies and equipment ordering, and labor cost.
- Prepare work schedules in accordance with contract requirements.
- Ensure that employees comply with all safety regulations in accordance with contract requirements. Perform monthly safety training.
- Provide all relevant training.
- Provide mid-year and annual performance reviews.
- Coach, guide and praise well-executed results. Proactive with recruitment/hiring processes. Partner with Human Resources on employee relations. Proactive in performance reviews, disciplinary actions and compliance with policies/procedures.
- Understands and complies with OSHA requirements, Labor requirements (union and Wage Determination), and employment law as it relates to managing the workforce. Ensure personnel records are maintained, organized and updated as required of the contract.
- Responsible for oversight of operations and employees to ensure all compliance documentations, employee physical screenings, medical records are updated and as required to comply with the contract. Ensure personnel inspections occur start of the day to
prevent communicable diseases etc. Comply with appropriate protocol.
- Understand and follow employee handbook, policy and procedures, and payroll requirements.
- Comply with all HACCP standards.
- Manage the workforce in a fair and consistent manner.
- Accountable and responsible for oversight of cash management and control operations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Institutional Food Service or Medical Dietetics or Registered Dietitian from an accredited American college or university. A copy of college transcripts shall be submitted for review during the proposal submission. The successful
Offeror will be required to submit official college transcripts within 30 days after award, or the equivalent preferred. Minimum 3 years experience in managing food service operations including relevant experience of managing hospital locations.
- ServSafe certification required. Must have solid work ethics.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills. Ability to interpret government contracts and make appropriate application.
- Adhere to the BCI rules and regulations as set forth in the employee handbook and CBA.
- Interact with and supervise the employees in a fair and consistent manner.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in managing food services, labor, budget, and other resources.
- Must be able to prepare employee schedules, work efficiently on computer, communicate with customers, express oneself with customers, vendors and employees.
- Exchange information, occasionally will assist with removing objects weighing up to 50 pounds from one location to another.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Walks, stands and moves about the kitchen and dining facility to ensure compliance with SOP.
- Use of hands/arms/fingers.
- Some bending and stooping.
- Communications/smell/use of senses in a food service environment.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the Kitchen, facilities, office to access file cabinets, office machines, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine,
fax machine and computer printer.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.