Four years’ comparable experience in Government or commercial kitchen and dining room facilities.
Two of the four years shall be held as a supervisor or in a work leader position
Associate or Bachelor degree in business management, hospitality management, or equivalent preferred.
Must be ServSafe certified.
Must have solid work ethics.
• The principal responsibilities of the Supervisor are to supervise staff and to provide management oversight of the dining facility.
• Ensure contract and SOP compliance and performance.
• Ensure compliance with the Building/Equipment Cleaning Plans.
• Provide all relevant training to employees.
• Food service employee management and customer service skills.
• Proficiency in applicable computer software.
• Interpret government contracts and make appropriate application.
• Communicate with employees, customers and vendors in the running of the facility.
• Determine the necessary staffing levels required to smoothly run the facility.
Ability to (Cont’d):
• Monitor staff, walk the facility and inspect foods, employees, and general setup.
• Discusses with Dining Manager/Project Manager the overall running of the dining facility and recommends changes to be made
May assume duties of the Dining Manager in his/her absence.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machines, etc. Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine and computer printer.
• May frequently require lifting or moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Duties require considerable walking and standing for prolonged periods of time.
• Tasks may include frequent bending, stooping, and reaching.
• Stands, walks, inspects, and reassigns staff as necessary to meet facility requirements.
• Some bending and stooping.
Understands OSHA requirements, Labor requirements (Wage Determination), and employment law as it relates to managing the workforce.
Comply with all HACCP standards.
Manage the workforce in a fair and consistent manner.
Understand and oversee cash management and control operations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.