- Ability to provide cleaning services within a Food Service environment.
- Must have solid work ethics.
- Demonstrated history of related Food Service cleaning preferably with a major institution or the military is desired.
The principal responsibility of the Food Service Worker/Mess Attendant is to ensure the proper cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen and dining facility in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Clean and sanitize all tables, counters, and window sills.
- This must be done immediately after dishes, trays etc... are removed from the tables.
- Ensure that all napkin dispensers, salt and pepper shakers, and condiments dispensers are full before and after each meal.
- All salt and pepper shakers must be run through the dishwasher every week.
- All spills must be cleaned up immediately.
- All chairs must be brushed off to remove crumbs and debris immediately after customer leaves. Straighten and push all chairs back into place at each table.
- After each meal period, all entranceways and exits must be dusted, and vacuumed. Also, glass doors and windows will be cleaned.
- All blinds and window ledges will be dusted weekly.
- Condiment stations and microwaves must be cleaned and checked before and after each meal to ensure cleanliness for our customers.
- All hallway and dining room pictures, trees, furniture must be cleaned and dusted twice a week.
- Some bending and stooping
- Adhere to the Howard & Blackstone rules and regulations as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the, Dining Facility Manager, FSS Supervisor, or Project Manager.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.