COOK II Job Description
Certificate in food handling/sanitation methods, or ServSafe certified preferred. Good customer service skills and a go getter having solid worth ethics.
Demonstrated history of related Food Service experience preferably with a major institution such as, school cafeteria, correction facility, or as a Military Cook.
• Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving various ethnic entrée’, meats, starches, vegetables, gravies, soups, salads and fast food/grilled to order and receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
• Provides the highest quality meal and service to customers at all times.
• Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
• Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
• Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all BCI and military installation Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s), regulatory rules and procedures.
Must be proficient in cooking and may develop skills appropriate for the position. May be required to assist DFA’s when short of personnel and Vis versa. Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment, including but not limited to ovens, meat slicer, stove, steamer/steam kettles, knife, forks, measuring utensils, pots, pans, etc. Typically requires limited cooking experience.
• Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Stands and moves within the kitchen area for 6 to 7 hours (excluding break and lunch periods). but, may be required to work additional hours (Double shift)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.